With regards to the recent COVID-19 regulations of the Federal Government, there will be no worship services held throughout the Parish at this time. There are however many ways that we can stay connected as a church family, and continue to hear God's Word in our homes.
Our Facebook pages in English and Tok Pisin now include streamed worship services and daily devotions.
Worship Services and Sermons:
- Livestream of Worship Services
- Soundcloud sermons from Pastor Greg Schiller
- iTunes podcast of sermons
- Sermons podcast are also hosted locally
Streamed worship services (including video) are first published on our Facebook pages, and shortly after, sermons are made available on our iTunes and locally hosted podcast pages. Please follow the links above to see which option works best on your computer, tablet or smartphone. We're more than happy to provide assistance as necessary.
Your weekly offering to support the ministry of Cairns Lutheran Parish can be made anonymously via:
- Debit or Credit Card through the LLL payment portal here
- Regular Electronic Giving (REG)
- Cash deposit slips for Westpac and National banks
Please consider to continue supporting your local church at this time.
Podcast of Sermons
- Sun 24 May 2020 1 Peter 4:12-14,5:6-11, Oops! There's joy and blessing for Christians who suffer
- Sun 17 May 2020 1 Peter 3:13-22, Total assurance and security when things get wobbly
- Sun 10 May 2020 1 Peter 2:2-10, Your incredible call and purpose!
- Sun 3 May 2020 1 Peter 2:20b-25, Follow the Good Shepherd
- Sun 26 Apr 2020 1 Peter 1:13-25, What's really important, really matters, really counts?
- Sun 19 Apr 2020 1 Peter 1:3-9, Living isolated, focussed on God
- Sun 12 Apr 2020 Job 19:23-26, Easter Sunday: I know that my redeemer lives?
Simply click on any of the links above to start playing the selected sermon in a new window.
This Week on Messages of Hope (from Sunday 10-05-2020)
Surviving Family Life
"I was asked by a friend today 'what are you doing to cope?' My answer was simple. 'I'm not coping.' As a person who already suffers from anxiety, this every changing situation with the coronavirus has been a challenge for me. But... one thing I have learned through difficult times is to look for the small blessings." Join Richard Fox from Messages of Hope this week with guest Amy, who shares of the hope and insights she's found, to help her family through self-isolation.
You can hear Messages of Hope this Sunday at 11 am, Monday at 8 pm and Tuesday at 2 am across the Tablelands on 92.3 FM and ONLINE – your Christian Community radio station, broadcasting live from Mareeba.
Messages of Hope is also available online at www.messagesofhope.org.au